Reporting to the Shop Supervisor the apprentice welder will assist, and produce, customized and general products. These products will follow specifications by assembling and welding cut pieces of metal to finalize an exceptional product for the client. The apprentice welder will operate welding equipment required to weld ferrous and non-ferrous metals. The products or welding materials can be of steel, stainless steel, aluminum, brass or copper.
The incumbent’s responsibilities include the following duties:
- Analyze basic engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
- Weld components in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions as certified by CWB.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas tungsten arc (GTAW), gas metal arc (GMAW), flux-cored arc (FCAW), plasma arc (PAW), shielded metal arc (SMAW), and oxy-acetylene (OAW).
- Operate brazing and soldering equipment, including start up, shut down, adjust, and monitor equipment.
- Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears, and other metal straightening and bending machines.
- Coordinates with administration and other trades for the purpose of completing projects/ and work orders efficiently.
- Requests equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of required items.
- Assisting other trades personnel may be required for the purpose of aiding them in the completion of their work activities.
- Maintain the equipment in good working condition.
- Follow, respect, and apply all safety procedures and guidelines and keep up-to-date in safety procedures. Wear proper safety equipment.
- Occasionally working outside in various temperatures/environments may be required.
- Follow all related activities identified in the companies Quality Management System.
- Maintain a neat and organized work area.
- Perform other related tasks as required by the immediate supervisor or manager.
Job Type: Full-time
Please contact our HR Department at email@example.com with your resume.