Type: CNC Plasma/Oxy Fuel Table Operator
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cuts metal objects with Plasma Arc-Cutting & Oxy-Fuel equipment to dimensions, contour, or bevel specified by blueprints, work order, or layout within an CNC OS
- Maintaining Steel Inventory
- Loading and unloading material from table with overhead crane
- Organize material and sustain a clean working environment
- Operation of Forklift and Loader
- Inspection of parts after profile cutting including labelling, cleaning & grinding
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb; stoop, kneel, crouch and talk or hear.
- Ability to learn application techniques and gain knowledge.
- Ability to follow work orders or receive instructions from Dept. Lead.
- Respiratory protection is common and required is for cutting applications
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Reports any line problems or issues to supervisor for assistance.
- Perform job duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Must adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Performs other functions/duties as required.
Required education or minimum level:
- High school education (GED).
- Apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in CNC HI DEF Plasma / Oxy-Fuel Burning Equipment
- Basic Computer skills, and/or other required software. Knowledge of Machitech Cutting Tables & Hypertherm ProNest Operating Systems as asset.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Has knowledge of application techniques.
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools, machines, equipment.
Please contact our HR Department at [email protected] with your resume.