Department: Carol Lake Hydraulics and Machining
Reports to: Manager of Carol Lake Hydraulics and Machining
Location: Labrador City, NL
Hours of work: Monday to Friday (7:00am to 5:00PM)
*On-Call rotation required
Reporting to the Manager and working alongside the Hydraulic Cylinder Repair Technician, the Parker Hose Technician is responsible for interacting with customers and receiving jobs at our facility. Other responsibilities include tracking and moving jobs through the process at our facility, washing, cleaning, sandblasting and painting of cylinders and components, cutting and assembly of hydraulic hoses and fittings and preparing them for shipping out to customers.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area (6S)
- Complete a Take5 hazard assessment for each job assigned.
- Participate in the CLMW Safety program as required.
- Complete safety objective assignment daily as required.
- Punctuality for work schedule.
- Receiving jobs from customers.
- Cleaning components and preparing for disassembly.
- Moving jobs along the process using overhead crane and forklift, ensuring correct job identification.
- Sandblasting components.
- Painting components.
- Preparing components for shipping.
- Assistance and support Hydraulic Cylinder Repair Technician.
- Assistance and support in the Hose Shop.
- Assistance with daily toolbox and job planning meeting.
- Assisting Manager in review and development standard operating procedures.
- Follow established standards operating procedures.
- Follow CLMW Safety guidelines and policy.
- Perform other tasks required.
- Combination of two years of work experience on the job and high school diploma
- College or industry courses in heavy equipment repair would be an asset.
- Understanding of hydraulic systems.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Attention to detail.
- Conscientious of quality control for finished products.
- Excellent team spirit to accomplish final goals and work cooperatively with others.
- Autonomous and have strong initiative.
- Flexibility to work on various products and tasks
- Flexibility to work overtime as required.
Please forward resume to [email protected]