Job Title: Warehouse Yard Attendant
Reports to: Support Staff Supervisor
Location: Labrador City
Hours of Work: 7am – 7pm Mon-Fri. Snow Season – 5am – 5pm Mon- Fri
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area.
- Completes deliveries by driving truck or van to and from customers.
- Maintains truck, loader and forklift by completing preventive maintenance pre use inspections.
- Maintains inventory controls by collecting stock location orders and printing requests.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains Warehouse racking by completing monthly inspections
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat; maintaining clean shipping supply area; complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Completes reports by entering required information.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Receiving and stowing freight
- Unloading Freight
- E2 clock in to proper job
- Radio communications at all times when on duty
- Prioritization of job tasks from internal customers as business needs require.
- Inventory counts for :
- HE Parts
- Bucket heel shrouds
- Sandblast sand
- Receiving freight from suppliers and transport companies
- Delivering steel to Plasma Table from steel yard
- Returning steel to steel yard from Plasma Table
- Warehouse 101 housekeeping / inventory
- Deliveries and pickups from customers
- Arcellor Mittal
- Bloom Lake
- Operation of Loader/Forklift as required
- Operation of Trucks as required
- Snow clearing operations with loader
- Emptying scrap steel bins into scrap steel pile in steel yard
- Sales Personnel
- Shop Supervisor
- Plasma Table Operator
Warehouse Yard Attendant Skills and Qualifications:
Teamwork, Coordination, Organization, Planning, Time Management, Reporting Skills, Inventory Control, Documentation Skills, Equipment Operation, Dependability
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Has knowledge of application techniques.
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools, machines, equipment.
- Road licence Class 1, 3
- Forklift Operators Certificate
- Overhead Crane and Rigging Certificate
- Pit Permit
- Customer orientations
- Shadow Field Supervisor for two weeks
Required education or minimum level:
- High school education (GED).
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in the field or in a related area.
- Basic Computer skills, and/or other required software